Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chapter 2 // When Summer's Gone

I had hoped I would get a good night sleep, but after seeing Joff, I damn well know it wasn't going to happen... I went to sleep anyways hoping that I wouldn't have any more nightmares.

:::: Flashback ::::


I looked at Joff who was sitting there comfortably. He had visited me here in New York City this summer and I was so excited to see him. Things had gotten sour between us and this was a perfect ideal for him to reconnect with me. We had settled in the house as we both relaxed on the couch. 


"LC, you know I am hungry! Make me some food now!" He said as I got up and made him some food.


"Fine." I said.


I made him some lunch as I put it on the table. I sat down to my laptop relaxing as I popped open a drink. I checked my E-mail as I got an unexpected e-mail from my sister. She had found some photos of Joff and thought I should see what he was doing when he was away. I clicked open as I looked and saw pictures of him kissing girls and more girls as I began to get upset. 


"Joff, can I see you for a minute?" I asked.


"Yeah what do you want?" He asked.


"What are these?" I asked.


"Nothing, where did you get those?" He asked.


"Its not important where I got these!! Did you Cheat and most importantly with Jamie??" I asked.


"Yeah so? Its not like we were having sex since you are still a virgin!" He said as I began walking away.


"ITS OVER!! I never want to see you ever again." I said.


"You will not walk away from me!!" He said.


"I will too!" I said as I began trying to pack my bag.


He grabbed my arms and threw me down as he began trying to force himself on me. He smacked me and beat me up until I kicked him in the face enough to get away from him. I then heard my neighbor run into the apartment as they called 911. They had arrested Joff for abuse as they took me to the hospital.. 


"Ma'am do you remember anything at all?" The Dr. said.


"No." I said.


"Do you have anyone you want us to call?" They asked.


"My parents I guess. Dr., will I get my memory back?" I asked.


"Yes you will give it a few days." He said as he got up and called my parents.


They came to the hospital all drugged up, but I was forced to go with them since they live at the apt with me since they pay for everything. I looked at them as they released me, to go home. A few days had passed as I finally got my memory back like the Dr. said I would. I was stuck here in this hell hole and my parents doing drugs non stop. One day I had enough, I called the cops while my parents were home doing their drug and drinking , I had gone out to the store nearby to call the cops as I did. I headed home as the cops were arresting them as they said to bring money to the bail them out. I said I wasn't going to and they can sit and rot in jail. They never loved me in the first place told me all the time they wished I was a boy and for me to NOT be there when they do. I grabbed my stuff and headed out to Beth's in Buffalo where Pat and Beth live. Joff had gotten out on bail and said I better not leave him or he would hunt me down and make sure he raped me.... 


::: END OF FLASHBACK :::

I woke up screaming and crying as Pat and Beth ran into my room. I checked the time as it was almost 6am.

"Are you ok sis?" Pat asked as I cried.

"No. I had a nightmare." I said.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I had the flashback of Joff and my parents." I said.

"Shh your going to be ok. He can't hurt you." Beth said.

"I hope not. I will tear him apart and same with Petey and all of the guys." Pat said.

"I am going to get you some water, I have some medicine to help you sleep a little. Its over the counter Excedrin PM." She said as I nodded.

She handed me the medicine and some water as she laid with me while we looked at TV. I got up and brought the pictures of the 4 of us out as I smiled at the pictures of Petey, Pat, Beth and I.

"Your smiling which means a good thing." Beth said.

"Petey makes me smile with his goofy ass pictures." I said as she laughed.

"He is goofy." She said as we both smiled.

 I finally fell asleep for a few hours to the TV still on. Beth had left my room, but kept the door open in case if I needed her for anything. She is my best friend even though she is my sister, she makes me smile when I need it and she cares about everything that happens to me including Pat too who is like an older brother to me.. I got up so I can get ready for the charity event that Pat is hosting today on the beach... I showered as I hurried up and finished.

My outfit:



I came down to the kitchen as they both smiled at me and hugged me.

Beth's outfit:



"LC how do you feel?" Pat asked me.

"I am doing better. Much better, sorry for last night." I said.

"Don't worry about it, your family. We will be here no matter what for you, you know that." He said as I smiled.

"I made you some breakfast LC, I hope your hungry." Beth said.

"I am hungry, I also need some coffee." I said.

"Sure coming right up sis." She said.

"Thank you for laying with me last night." I said.

"You don't have to thank me. Its what family is for." She said as Pat handed me breakfast.

"Thank you Pat." I said as he handed me the syrup and butter for my pancakes.

"Are they good?" Pat asked.

"Yeah they are. Extremely good." I said.

A while later we got ready and headed to the beach to set up. The people were there setting everything up and I couldn't wait to help. It was a sunny day of course and we were helping with the kids too. Beth and I set up the sound stage for a portion of the singing as Ryan and Drew arrived.

"LC." Ryan said as I smiled.

"Ryan!" I said as I walked over and hugged him.

"You look gorgeous." He said.

"Thank you bud." I said.

"Hey LC." Drew said as I smiled and hugged him too.

"Hey Drew, whats up?" I asked.

"Not much just here helping to set up, are you singing with us?" He asked.

"Of course, I am singing with you guys today." I said as Ryan smiled.

The sun was strong as Ryan put sunscreen on me. Tyler Ennis showed up with Nathan and his Girlfriend Heidi, Andrej showed up with his girlfriend Gina, and Tyler Myers with his girlfriend Jessica. I walked down and hugged Ennis as I looked back at Ryan who was glaring with jealousy as the boy set up, while Beth, Heidi , Gina, Jessica and I all walked toward one of the tents and set up the funhouse for the kids.

"Here is some water LC, you need to drink some." Beth said.

"Thanks sis. I am seriously thirsty." I said.

"So how are things between you and Ennis?" She said.

"Hes good, we are good. We are just hanging out." I said.

We finished setting it up as Gina, Heidi and Jessica were so nice to us. We talked and walked got to know each other and it was nice knowing at least two more people. We had planned a spa day soon for the 4 of us as well. It was perfect day to have this event and most importantly the news crews were out and checking out this event as well as everyone else. Beth had sold out with tickets for this event as well as Jessica so I do know it will be a good thing here. Food and drinks were being given out as a part of the ticket as the kids started arriving with their parents. A few hours later it was packed and we set up for the singing portion. I rested my voice and drank some water to keep myself hydrated. It was around 3pm and it was jammed packed. The daycare workers stayed with the children while they played in the funhouse, the parents were ready to start jamming to some music.

"Ok guys we have an awesome singer, she is amazing, she is gorgeous and most of all the coolest girl I know personally, please give it up for my girl LC!" Derek said as the crowd cheered.

"Thank you to everyone who came out to the event today.. I hope you enjoy the show." I said.

I sang the first song which was According to you originally recorded by Orianthi.. Drew was on the drums while Ryan and I jammed out as he did the guitar work, obviously there was a little more chemistry between us on stage... I loved it. Next up I sang Mr. Immature by Stef Lang and of course everyone was jamming to it all. They donated the money tips to us to help the foundation and it was more anyone had originally thought. I then sang a slower ballad. I grabbed a stool as I sat down next to Ryan who was lead guitarist for this song.  I started singing Bubbly as I kept looking at him, the crowd was really into everything I sang and I felt great singing. The one thing I love doing which was singing. I finished the song up as I got up from the stool.

"Ok I am going to do a duet with one of my favorite hockey players ever. He is the most amazing person out there and pretty much one of the best singers on the team anyways. So please give it up for Ryan Miller!" I said as they cheered.

We began the song as we just sang to each other not even looking at anyone else. We both felt some chemistry, I just had fun with the song. I feel happy with Ryan and for some reason I loved being on stage with him. The day had went on as we raised a lot of money with the singing portion as well as everyone donating with tickets and extra money we had raised for his foundation.

"I just want to thank everyone for pitching in today, it was a great day for my foundation, I want to thank my sister-in-law LC for giving us the best entertainment this group has ever seen... We can find out now about how much we made and raised for this event. Please help me welcome the founder of the HITS charity please help us welcome James and his wife Jamie." Pat said.

"Patrick Kaleta we thank you for all your services you have done for everything for this charity event and we had so much fun here today... " James said.


"Thank you I enjoy raising money for an amazing charity and we have raised 500,358 dollars for the charity event!" He said as they smiled and hugged him.


"Thank you Pat, We really can't say enough about this event and thank you for everything." James said as he smiled.


"Thank you to everyone who came out and enjoyed this afternoon, I hope everyone had a great time. Thank you and drive safely!" Pat said.


We spent some time cleaning up as the people left, it was a great day and mainly it was definitely a good cause. I was happy I sang for Pat because he means the world to me. I was so excited that this day went so well the first person I thought of was Petey and of course he called so I was excited to hear from him.


"Hey Petey." I said answering my phone.


"Hey LC, how was your event charity?" He asked.


"Amazing, I sang a few songs with Miller and Staffy at the drums. How is packing?" I asked.


"Good. Just packing a few items, are you hanging with Ennis tonight?"


"Probably not why?" I asked.


"Oh no reason. Wasn't sure..." He said.


"Yeah smooth Petey.." I said.


"Shut up dork." He said laughing.


"Make me." I said.


"Fine I will, when I see you." He said as I smiled.


"Don't get mad, but I had a nightmare last night." I said.

"What about hun?" He asked.

"It was a flashback when Joff hurt me badly and when my parents kicked me out." I said.

"Ohhh I am sorry, you should have called me." He said.

"It was the middle of night, I didn't want to wake you up." I said.

"I would have came over dead in the middle of sleep, I would anyways." He said.

"Thanks bud. We are headed home now. Are you going to be there?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." He said as I laughed.

"Alright I will see you in a few minutes." I said.

"Ok bye."

"Bye dorko." I said.

"Hey that is my line." He said.

"So sue me." I said.

"No way dorko. Bye."He said as we hung up.

"Petey huh?" Beth asked.

"Yeah how did you know?"

"You get that look every time he is around or calls." She said.

"I do not." I said.

"Defensive about it too." She said.

"He is my best friend, we are comfortable around each other." I said.

"Uh huh." She said laughing.

"Petey is coming over." I said.

"He is." Pat said as I smiled.


"See that is the look she gets everytime he is around." Beth said.


"He is my best friend." I said.


We got into the car as we headed over there. We arrived as we jumped out of the car as I smiled at Petey who was standing waiting for us.


"Hey you." Petey said as I smiled.


"Petey!" I said.


"Feeling better?" He asked.


"Yep, much better." I said.


We headed into the house as I changed into a bathing suit. Pat figured we can order in tonight and we ordered Pizza for everyone. I headed upstairs and put my Pj's on since I was exhausted.


My PJ's:


I headed down toward the living room and joined Petey, Beth and Pat on the couches.


"LC, you got some sun today, you look so tanned." Beth said.

"I know, my body hurts me so badly." I said.

"You had a big day today LC. Do you need a back rub?" Petey asked.

"Sure." I said as he rubbed my back.

"Feels that good huh?" Beth asked.

"More than you know." I said as he rubbed it.

He rubbed my feet and all as I felt better. It was a rough day being out there. Pat got the pizza as we sat down and ate, we kept our self hydrated and with water all day so we got sodas while the boys drank beer. I heard a knock at the door as Petey got up and answered.

"LC, your boy is here." Petey said with a jealous attitude.

"Hey hun." I said as he hugged me.

"Hey babe, how are you?" He said.

"I am good just really tired right now." I said.

"Ohhh I should have called I am sorry." He said.

"No its ok, i was just hanging out with Petey because I won't get to see him after this week." I said.

"Ohhh ok, I will call you tomorrow then." He said.

"Ok hun, have a good night." I said.

"Sleep well." He said as he left.

I walked back into the kitchen to finish hanging out with Petey, Beth and Pat as they looked at me.

"What happened with Ennis?" Beth asked.

"I didn't feel like hanging out with him, plus this would be the last time I would hang out with Petey so I want to see him at least. I am also very tired too." I said.

"Aww." They said.

"Yeah I don't think Ennis is very happy about it but whatever, he can get over it." I said.

"Not in the mood huh?" Pat asked.

"No way, I am tired, body hurts and I want to see my best friend, plus I don't know, I don't feel any chemistry when we kiss or anything." I said.

"True. You need to have some chemistry, if you don't feel it then why don't you talk to him?" Pat said.

"I will tomorrow, I am too tired today to do it." I said. 

We finished up dinner as we all headed to the living room to hang out.  The door bell rang again as Pat got up and answered it.

"LC, its Miller!" He said.

"Hey Miller , come in and hang with us." I said.

"Hey LC, whats going on?"

"Nothing much just watching a movie. You?"

"Well I wanted to come over and talk to you about singing at my charity event." He asked.

"I would love to, when is it?" I asked.

"March normally, I will let you know if anything. I had a fun time today hanging with you and singing a few songs." He said as I smiled.

"Me too. It was a great day." I said as we smiled.

"Well I am going to go and head home." He said as I got up.

"I will walk you out." I said.

"OK." He said as we smiled.

"Thank you for participating today with us." I said.

"I had fun. There is something I need to ask you, are you dating anyone?" He asked me.

"I am talking to Ennis , but I don't think that will go anywhere." I said.

"Really how come?" He asked.

"I don't know, I don't feel any sparks." I said.

"Maybe he isn't the right guy." He said as we laughed.

"Who knows, I will try on a date with him and see how it goes." I said.

"Well you better call me after and let me know how it went." He said

"Don't worry I will." I said.

"Its getting chilly out here, you better get inside before you get sick." He said.

"Alright." I said as he hugged me.

"Bye." He said as he hopped in as I ran into the house.

I warmed up as they all looked at me as I had to light the fireplace.

"Its freezing out there now." I said.

"Is it raining?" Pat asked.

"Its about to, the winds picked up quickly." I said.

"Wow, sounds like its going to storm." Beth said.

"I am going to head home before it rains, bye guys." Petey said hugging us.

"Bye Petey!" I said as he hugged me tightly.

He hugged us goodbye as he headed toward his house. I looked at the time and it was already 9pm. I wanted to climb into bed for a while since I hardly got any sleep at all. Tomorrow was our 2nd day of classes and dance afterwards and of course it was going to hurt like hell.

"I am going to bed, good night guys." I said.

"Night LC." They said curling up to a movie.

I headed to my room as I climbed into my bed. I knew it was a rough day tomorrow and I couldn't wait for it, but then again going on a date after would be amazing too, but someone would try and ruin it....

2 comments:

  1. awww i loved it!!

    i loved all the event stuff. joff's a dick, and probably gonna ruin something like he always freaking does. petey is jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Love it, Love it =)
    Poor Petey.. people just showing up at inconvenient times.. You can tell Petey wants her. Isn't she just a popular one with the boys ;) hehe can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete